What is the JPTW trying to accomplish?
- Create a space where scholarly and artistic work on Japanese performance can be shared and improved through conversation with a trans-disciplinary community of supportive participants
- Explore conceptual and methodological tools for thinking, writing, and teaching about Japanese performance
- Develop a robust conversation between Japanese Studies and Performance Studies
- Raise the level of critical discourse on Japanese performance
- Mentor students interested in Japanese performance and improve participants’ work
- Imagine projects for future collaboration across disciplines